Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2 Months Old!

So today was Peyton’s two month visit at the Dr. She is doing awesome! Dr said that she is growing great and looks like a 4 month old already. Here are her stats.
Head: 15 inches 34th percentile
Height: 22 2/3 iniches  67th percentile
Weight 12lbs 2 oz.    83rd percentile
The Dr also said that she would be in the 15thpercentile for the 4 month olds. We sure have one good chunker monker baby girl!

For the past 6 weeks we have been battling a really bad diaper rash with Peyton too. We first started with just using Lotrimin because the Dr. thought it was just a yeast rash. Well it did not go away so they had me stop eating dairy because they thought that it might be that she was having an intolerance to dairy in my breast milk. Still did not go away, so they had me mix together desitin, neosporin, hydro-cortisone, and lotrimin all together and use that on the rash. Well that just made it worse. Finally I gave up and just started to use California Baby Calming diaper cream and within 4 days rash gone!!! I was so excited. Well I then need to test to see if it really was the dairy that caused the rash so on Sunday I ate some cheese. Boy was it good to eat cheese again. Unfortunately for myself it made Peyton fussy and she started to get the rash back. So that means that she does have an intolerance for dairy. So today the Dr. told me that I have to stay dairy free until she is 6 months old and then try to eat some dairy again to see if she is still sensitive to it. So continues my struggle to find stuff that is dairy free and not eat cheese. It really is not very easy and really sucks. But it is for my little girl and I will do anything for her!

The Dr also commented on the fact that I was brave enough to use cloth diapers! I had to tell her that I love them and they work great. For anyone who thinks that using cloth diapers is gross and difficult you really just need to check them out. They are just as easy to change and disposables and cost way less. You just toss them in the wet bag like you would the garbage can and instead of taking the bag out to the trash you take it to the washing machine and just wash them like you do your clothes! No mess no fuss. Way cheaper than disposables and they are so much more cute too!

No comments:

Post a Comment