Tuesday, February 1, 2011

November 29th, 2010

Thanksgiving was a great holiday this year. It was spent with loving family and friends. Mike and I traveled to NY to visit family. We spent a couple days at my parents house and then a couple up at his parents. It was really nice to be home for a while. Peyton had a great first Turkey day experience. She had many people willing to hold her and get their fix of baby P.
Peyton was baptized on Saturday. It was a great event. Mike and I are both very thankful for Marissa and Mike for being Peyton’s godparents! We love you both very much. After the baptism at the church we went back to the house for a nice party. Mom surprised Mike and I by getting the cake from Reeds Food Barn! We got out cake from there for our wedding, and we had the same on for the baptisim party. For anyone who has never gotten cake from there before it is the best cake I have ever had! They have really great cookies too!!! Peyton did a great job at the party however. She was passed from person to person without any problem. She is such a great baby! Even after all the excitment she still slept good that night too.
We drove back down to VA last night. It was one of the worst drives we have every had. To start it took us over 10 hours to get back home when it normally takes 7. Also because it too so long Peyton did not travel very well. We had to stop 4 times on the way down because it took so long and Peyton cried a lot in the car too because it was not moving at a fast enough pace to make her fall asleep. Reason number 1000 that I hate traffic and living down in VA. Mike and I both decied that we will never make that drive again. Next year if we are still in VA we are either leaving super early on Sunday morning or Saturday night. It was a long ride.
Today I went back to work. I was not really happy with having to go back to work, but unfortunaly I did not have much of a choice. If only there was a way to stay at home and be with Peyton and still get payed. One can only wish. Peyton went to daycare today too. We found an in home daycare not far from the house. It is two hispanic ladies who are super nice. When I dropped Peyton off today it was not too bad. I only cried a little bit on my way to work. And it was a blessing today that when I got to work I was covering the classroom for an IA that was out and that classroom is crazy. I was in and out of the classroom with different students acting up all day. It was great for keeping my mind off of having left Peyton at daycare and not being able to stay at home with her. I hope that things keep going as smoothly. Mary and Patrica (the daycare ladies) reported back to me today that Peyton is a greeat eater and a great sleeper… as if we didn’t already know that!

No comments:

Post a Comment