Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Home for Thanksgiving

Well we made it to NY in one piece! Peyton’s first car ride was a success. We left VA around 2:30 on Thursday and made it up to Randolph around 9:30pm. We only had to stop twice, which is what we normally stop anyways, they were just a little longer this time. She just slept between stops, only fussed a little right before we stopped. Mike and I were really happy with how she did!

Mike has had a successful first hunting experience so far. His friends Nappo and Nick came down on Friday and we walked to the property and they set up where they would be the next morning when they went out hunting for opening day. Nappo shot a buck on the first day and Mike shot a doe today! He said that he was really excited about having got one his first time hunting. He also shot at a buck after he had already hit the doe, but was too excited still and missed it. We are looking forward to having Venison in the freezer again! I guess that Mike is officially a hunter now!

Poor Peyton has her diaper rash back. I could not figure out what it was that I ate that had dairy in it that gave her the rash back. Well I think I figured it out. The last two days I have had coffee in the morning with non-dairy creamer… well did you know that non-dairy creamer actually has dairy in it. Yea I didn’t, but it does, so poor little P has a nice little rash due to false advertising on the non-dairy creamer… poor thing. Hope it clears up soon now that I figured it out.

We are headed up to Hamburg to visit Mike’s family on Tuesday. We are really looking forward to introducing Peyton to more family and friends. We have enjoyed out visit with my family the past couple of days also.

No comments:

Post a Comment